Monday, April 4, 2011

April 4th – Proverbs 4: The Path of the Righteous

“The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining ever brighter till the full light of day. But the way of the wicked is like deep darkness; they do not know what makes them stumble.” – Proverbs 4:18,19

One of the glowing benefits of righteousness is an illuminated path. This means simply that we are given clarity in exchange for walking righteously. Clarity of vision and a clear path ahead are invaluable in dark days. But the wicked have no such hope. The wicked, in a dark time walk a path that is in “deep” darkness. They are stumbling, falling and plodding along, but have no idea what makes them stumble. The path of the righteous is not only bright, it gets brighter! The closer we walk with God the clearer our way gets. The farther we go along the oath, the more crystal clear our way becomes. This is an amazing promise and an even better reality.

Think about it, is this your reality? Are things getting clearer and clearer? Is your destiny coming into focus? I remember early on in my walk with God that I had a very basic desire to serve God and people, but not a lot of clarity in the details. As the years have progressed and as I have been faithful in doing the little I knew I could do, more clarity has come. My role, my gifts and my calling have crystallized. I see today with infinitely more clarity than I did 10 years ago and I expect to report the same ten years from now! This is a principle of the Kingdom; be faithful with little and you get more! (Luke 16:10)

The brightness of your path is an indication of your walk.

If your path is bright and getting brighter, then you are walking in righteousness. If it’s getting darker and darker, you may need to turn and repent! Think about it, when was the last time you saw with clarity? When was the last time you had vision of the path in front of you? If it’s been some time, think about it; what happened and how did you lose that perspective? Most likely, life got complicated with other things and other interests. Jesus called them “thorns” that choke out fruitfulness. (Mark 4:7) I would encourage you to let the fire of God come and burn away everything that chokes out fruitfulness and steals your vision!

LIFE LESSON:

How bright = how right.


No comments:

Post a Comment