Wednesday, June 29, 2011

June 29th – Proverbs 29: DIRTY HIPPIES!

“The rod of correction imparts wisdom, but a child left to himself disgraces his mother.” Proverbs 29:15

Dirty hippies are everywhere. They have even invaded the church of God! They should be run out of town on a rail by people who love and believe the BIBLE, but instead they are celebrated and empty headed, ignorant masses follow them, unknowing that the road they are on leads to destruction! From the beginning, God has given us SPECIFIC instructions on how to discipline and raise our children, yet dirty hippies everywhere rage and scoff against the clear dictates of scripture! These days, if you discipline your kids, you are a Cro-Magnon, unenlightened dolt. Well, call me what you will, but I am responsible for my children’s salvation until they reach the age of accountability. I won’t stand by and let Dr. Spock, Dr. Phil and Oprah tell me what is best for my children. I certainly won’t let some left coast pastor who has embraced the spirit of this age and writes nice shiny books on the subject tell me that corporal punishment is tantamount to violence! I will love my kids “on purpose” AND Discipline them! God has weighed in on the subject and I will listen to Him!

The self-help mantra of dirty hippies everywhere basically teaches us that children, deep down, know what’s best for themselves and are capable of making good decisions on their own. How wrong can you possibly be and still breathe?! To leave a child to themselves will ultimately lead to disgrace. And that is one of the many things that I love about life. In the end, time will tell. Time ALWAYS tells. You can argue while you are under construction, but when the building is done, EVERYONE will see what you created! If you have neglected the discipline of your children and opted to manipulate their every little decision, at best they will grow up to be master manipulators, at worst, I will visit them for you on Saturday nights when I go to the prison. Mom, it’s going to be real difficult to smugly assert your “enlightenment” when your evil, undisciplined MONSTER grows up and embarrasses your family name.

LIFE LESSON:
To avoid egg on your face TOMORROW, discipline your children TODAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment