Monday, July 18, 2011

July 15th – Proverbs 15: God Sees ME!

“The eyes of the LORD are everywhere, keeping watch on the wicked and the good.” – Proverbs 15:3

When we were young, both in Sunday School and at home, we were always reminded that Jesus was watching us, no matter what and no matter where. This kept me many times from doing the wrong thing when I was a kid. I distinctly remember many times being very much aware that Jesus was watching me about to be naughty! The instruction was given so that we would avoid being foolish when Mom and Dad WEREN’T looking. Rarely, if ever has this reality been used to remind us that He is looking on us when we are doing RIGHT!

As an adult, I have a made a conscious decision to walk in righteousness and holiness. I have shed any and everything that either the Bible or my conscience says is impure. We don’t watch nasty movies or TV, we don’t listen to garbage on the radio or look at smut online. We don’t get drunk & we don’t sleep around. We don’t cuss like sailors or live lazy, undisciplined lives. We have ordered our home and our lifestyle to be pleasing to the Lord! Yes, when temptations come, I am reminded that Jesus is watching, but do I remember that He watches me when I live righteously?

I think we need to be MORE conscious that His eyes are on us in righteousness. I am no longer a wicked person, bent on doing evil. I am the righteousness of God in Christ (II Cor. 5:21)! Being therefore a righteous and good man, do I remember that Jesus is watching? When I am doing right, living right, speaking right and just plain BEING right, do I remember that He sees me?

"So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.” – Matthew 6:2-4

This passage is all about who SEES you when you do a righteous act like give to the poor. If your concern is that MAN sees you, then you serve MAN. If your concern is that GOD sees you, then He is your God!

"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.” – Matthew 6:5,6

God sees our private prayer! He hears and He is listening when we call out to Him! This means that we have an audience with the King of all creation!

LIFE LESSON:
If you require recognition from Man you are living FOR Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment