Tuesday, February 15, 2011

February 15th – Proverbs 15: The Cheerful Heart

“All the days of the oppressed are wretched, but the cheerful heart has a continual feast.” – Proverbs 15:15

I’m almost always happy. Not as a result of my circumstances, but as a result of the Gospel. God has set me free! I can personally verify this scripture; the cheerful heart has a CONTINUAL feast! No matter what’s going on around me, I’m happy and you can’t touch that!


Several years ago when we first started getting out in the community and preaching the Gospel, I thought that the number one thing I had to offer the oppressed was the power of God in Healing and Miracles. Many folks got healed and saw a demonstration of His power, but again and again the thing people would talk about is the peace they felt as we prayed. I began to realize that the peace and joy that I have as a result of the Gospel was more attractive than miracles! You could have a healed body and you could have a good job, but without peace and joy, you are miserable still.


This is a Proverb that I keep constantly on the back burner. I must remember that those who are oppressed are not truly happy. The piles of money, girls, status and fame might fool you. Sin is enjoyable for a minute (that’s why everyone does it!), but then the fruit of that lifestyle eventually catches up with you. So the wicked are left with an aching hole where their heart should be and when they encounter someone who is truly cheerful and full of peace, instinctively they want it. They may not tell you and may resist to the bitter end, but you have what they need: JOY!


LIFE LESSON?

Freedom is the TRUE riches.


No comments:

Post a Comment