Tuesday, February 8, 2011

February 8th – Proverbs 8: When It’s Ok To Hate

“To fear the LORD is to hate evil; I hate pride and arrogance, evil behavior and perverse speech.” - Proverbs 8:13

This is such a powerful statement! IF we fear the Lord, the result will be the hatred of evil. Again, there has been such a watering down of the basic tenets of our faith in the church today that there is deep tolerance of evil in every form and almost no fear of the Lord! The scripture is not saying that we are to hate the evil doer, but hate evil, pride, arrogance, evil behavior and perverse talk.


It’s pretty difficult to fall into behavior that you have cultivated hatred towards.


Serving this God who is love, hatred seems out of place, but it’s not. David (a man after God’s own heart Acts 13:22) said in the Psalms:


“O Jehovah, do I not hate those who hate You? And am I not grieved with those who rise up against You? I hate them with perfect hatred; I count them my enemies.” – Psalm 139:21-22


It’s not unspiritual to hate what God hates. It’s not unspiritual to detest that which God detests. Think about it, if sin put Jesus on the cross and sickness and disease bloodied his back, shouldn’t we hate it?


LIFE LESSON?

Those who fear the lord, HATE evil. I’m bringing HATE back!


No comments:

Post a Comment